Friday 28 November 2008

Fascination Street

My friend Rosie and I are taking a hat course tomorrow. I’ve been looking forward to it for a while. I’m not sure what I’ll get to make. It’s only a day, well actually I think it’s only a 4 hour class. It would be so nice to make a felt fedora but, I know it just isn’t possible. I actually emailed the woman who is teaching the class to ask what I could make but, no answer. Apparently, when Rosie called her initally about booking she was a bit awkward or off putting. I also left her a phone message to which she never responded. She did cash my cheque very quickly though. Hopefully, I'm just being somewhat horrible and really she is just a very busy person.

For some inspiration I watched Philip Treacy's 2003 couture show on his website. http://www.philiptreacy.co.uk/ It was that show all inspired by pop art. I love the Andy Warhol hair hat but, the photographic image stuff didn't excite me as head wear.

Last night I finished off this fascinator. It's very tame in comparison!
I used chicken feathers from my parents’ birds. A while back the roosters where being roosters, and waking the entire neighbourhood, so in they had to go. It was always known that they'd have to go so, it wasn't too sad. They were very beautiful birds, so in that respect they will be missed. I think killing them wasn't so easy, as my parents decided to snap the necks instead of chopping their heads off. Supposedly, it's more humane and easier. I'm not sure about that.

Anyway, I asked for the feet too but, I never got them. I think my parents may have thought I was kidding when I mentioned chicken foot brooches.

No comments: