Tuesday 2 December 2008

Christmas Craft Sunday

So I went to take some photos on Sunday at craft day but, my camera died after the first shot. The first shot is also very blurry. Err. Anyway, we had a little bit of a late start. I was messing around at home and lost track of time. So everything wasn’t really setup and ready to go till about 3:30. We started working on making Christmas ornaments. I brought along Styrofoam balls, that people could cover. There was felt and all kinds of other bits.

After a few minutes into crafting one of the cats did a big stinky one. We all nearly ran for the hills. Nasty. We persevered on. This is the ball that I covered: There were some really awesome ones that the others made too. I'm so annoyed I couldn't photo them so, I’ll try to describe them. Pony made one that was covered in pom-poms and tinsel covered pipe cleaners. We dubbed it planet Christmas. She also made a pink and purple owl which was pretty fabulous. Mae made a very delicate leaf covered ball which was a white christmas berry, Emily rocked the craft table with a orange reindeer with glitter blue antlers (sort of pictured above) and a pastel spot bauble. Clare made a rather amazing and dedicated shooting star which involved sewing, beading and a whole lotta glue.

It took me most of the day to make this though: I saw an photo on Cathy of California’s blog of vintage Christmas ornaments which I decided that I wanted to copy. I’ve dubbed it the Peruvian Christmas chicken. It may get some brothers and sisters and become a Christmas present. We shall see.

I don’t think we’ll have a craft day at the end of December, though maybe with everyone off of work and such, it might be a good time? Not sure. I’m thinking the one in January might be a knitting workshop. Yay!

No comments: