Monday 12 January 2009

Underway

My fedora is the green one on the left!
Lately, I've had the hardest time finishing anything. My boots are still not done from my course which ended in November. I've been waiting for a call from the tutor but, I' think I'll have to bug him once again. I guess I won't be taking anymore classes at the London College of Fashion. The classes are a bit over subscribed and expensive.

My hat making class on the the other had is awesome. I've started a felt fedora this past weekend and have nearly finished up a pillbox hat. It looks a bit like a turban so I've ordered up some peacock feathers for it and have been scouring ebay for the right vintage brooch. The last thing will be getting it to stay on my head. I'd like to use combs but I can't seem to find the small ones anywhere. Any suggestions?

I've also been plugging away at my next quilt. I'm just working on the squares at the moment. I've been doing quite a bit of applique. Pictures to come soon. Is there a place in the UK that quilts things for you? I mean after you have the topper done and the backing picked out?

This weekend I also finally got around to starting curtains for Jude's room, that's my bf's son. I finished up one but haven't started on the other one yet. I put it up though because the curtain that was hanging there was so disgustingly dirty. It is really London's fault though, it's just so darn dirty here. I don't really notice it all the time. But then once in a while you get grey curtains, or grey suds when you are washing your hair and you realize how bad it is. Jude's room isn't even on the side of the house that faces the street!

Has Mercury gone retrograde yet?

1 comment:

Emily said...

Hope the curtains come out nicely! I absolutely adore your blog banner! It's SOO cute!! :)

Em